Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Been a long time!!

Through the many changes that I have been through in the last few years, I have not been posting here. Rummaging through all of my excerpts on the web, I ran across my account here and was recanting what I was doing at that time and some of the views that I had at that time.

I'd like to assume that I was correct in my thinking in my previous posts; however, I do conclude at this point that I was still a bit misguided. These days, I tend to align myself as more of a conservative Libertarian- not that I had some revelation due to someone convincing me to have some different views. Rather, it was the result of a learning process that ultimately brought me closer to understanding myself and the world around me and how I interpret it.

Much has changed these past couple of years. I have gotten married, I have had changes in jobs, and a few other social things that I prefer not to mention. A good friend of mine that lived in Stillwater died in a car accident shortly after returning home. He was 24 years old. Of course, this hit me like a train wreck and I still think that I'm a bit pissed at God right now for that one. But what remains are old pictures of him and him on my "friends" list on facebook. This is the only thing that I have of him; that he added me at a point when he was alive and we were still friends and I was able to communicate with him. Reflecting on this and having reverence for what little I still have, I thought about my own situation. Perhaps, it may be a good move to write things down at some point in the case that something happened with me. This would leave a small trail of who I am and who I was for people sometime down the line to get to know me, should they choose.

To this day, I miss my friend Rankie and think of him quite often. I even post things on his profile explaining my feelings.. how ironic. But nonetheless, I feel as somehow he gets the message and is able to understand my gratitude and his impact on my life.

In the coming months, I am going to get serious about this again and put my thoughts down. In the case that something unfortunate happens to me.. My sons will be able to get to know who I was.

1 comment:

Matt said...

You're a good, thoughtful, genuine writer, Adam. keep it up :)
"never quit"